In light of the increasing transmission rates across the UK, the new variant of the virus and the updated advice from the Government and Public Health England (PHE), we wanted to assure you that the wellbeing of our clients, drivers and employees remains Secure Data Management’s number one priority.
We have a fully comprehensive Business Continuity Plan for Coronavirus (COVID-19) and a Coronavirus (COVID-19) Staff Statement in force. At their core is an adherence to Public Health England (PHE) guidelines issued by the UK government and regularly updated. Redacted copies of our Business Continuity Plan and Staff Statement are available to every client upon request.
In addition, we have specific process updates to minimise service impact to our clients and reduce the risk of transmission for our staff and clients:
- We have implemented supplementary services into our offering to assist clients access their data during this difficult time, this includes increased scan back capacity and informational retrieval by trained staff that it can be disseminated via email with the permission of the client (non-disclosures are available as required)
- Our drivers have hand sanitisers available in each and every vehicle. They will clean their hands before and after every collection/retrieval of records.
- Where possible, drivers will maintain the advised 2-meter distance when carrying out any transactions with another party.
- Where the advised 2-meter distance cannot be maintained, drivers are required to wear face masks over their mouth and nose whilst a transaction with another party is taking place.
- Clients will no longer be requested to sign for retrieved records. Instead, our driver will ask for a name and fill it in themselves.
- As part of our business continuity planning we have cross trained staff to reduce any impact on our service to clients.
- All staff, bar those that are site essential and drivers, are now home working until further notice.
- All face to face meetings have been replaced with meetings utilising remote technology such as Microsoft Teams and Skype.
- All non-business essential travel and non-essential physical contact between our sites and clients has been stopped until further notice.
- Strict hygiene and cleaning procedures and standards are in force on all SDM sites.
- Strict work based social distancing procedures and standards are in force on all SDM sites.
Our Business Continuity plan has robust contingency measures in place to ensure the continuity of our service in the case of the spread of COVID-19.
Secure Data Management will continue to monitor Public Health England advice closely and stands ready to make necessary changes to help protect you, your colleagues and our staff members.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Quality Manager, Nicola Peters at firstname.lastname@example.org.